There are many benefits of using a home garage for parking your car. Not only does it protect your car from the weather, but it can also add value to your home. GarageSmart® is the perfect way to use all that extra space in your garage!
This blog post will discuss some of the benefits of using a home garage for parking. We will also provide tips on choosing the right garage for your needs. So, if you are considering adding a garage to your home, read this post!
Complete Protection From The Weather
The exterior of an automobile is vulnerable to the elements, especially precipitation, snow, and wind. They can ruin a car’s appearance by leaving behind dirt and acid, leading to rust and destroying the top clear coat.
Even though today’s vehicles are built to last for years and resist whatever Mother Nature throws, they eventually wear out.
Even cars that are meticulously cared for by owners who regularly detail and rust-proof their vehicles will eventually exhibit signs of wear and tear from exposure to the weather.
Environments with precipitation, such as rain, snow, or ice, will hasten rust. Vehicle bodies are also vulnerable to damage from road salt. Over several years, your automobile or truck will likely suffer damage from light frost or dew.
Warmer climate homes are just as susceptible to the hazards of driveway parking. Sitting in a car in the sun all day is a pretty unpleasant experience. In addition, engine hoses and seals are more susceptible to drying and cracking under high heat.
It’s also important to remember that severe weather like hail might pose significant problems. In addition, automobile paint jobs and interior colours are also susceptible to early fading from UV exposure, regardless of location.
Vehicles will deteriorate from exposure to airborne particles such as dust, grime, and pollen, as well as acidic bird droppings and damage from tree sap. Just thinking about the negative impacts of weather on your car should be enough to convince you that garage parking is essential.
Vehicles Parked In Garages Are Safer From Theft
Your vehicle will be safer when stored in a locked garage. Refrain from assuming that a crafty car thief can only steal your vehicle if you leave it parked in the driveway, even if you have a modern car alarm system.
Thefts of expensive vehicles are unfortunately all too common. However, you may be surprised that none of America’s top 10 most stolen vehicles last year were luxury automobiles.
Wheels, tyres, airbags, and catalytic converters are some of the stolen parts that feed the underground market because of the theft of popular cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.
Parking outside makes cars an easy target for damage, even if they aren’t stolen immediately from your driveway. As a result, your car is more of a target for vandalism, increasing the risk of theft or damage to its interior and exterior.
The aftermath of car theft or vandalism is never pleasant because:
- Submitting an insurance claim is an unnecessary hassle that you’ll have to deal with.
- Having one’s possessions taken or violated is quite upsetting; also, you’ll have to deal with the short-term inconvenience of being stranded without your car.
Several insurance companies will reduce your price if you keep your car in a garage. Looking for a reliable and affordable garage storage solution? Look no further than GarageSmart®!
Garage Parking At Home Is The Most Convenient Option
Even though your driveway is only a few feet beyond your garage doors, you may find that distance inconvenient sometimes.
Your car can be safely stored in the garage, while the door leading inside to your house is never more than a few feet away. When you have a lot of groceries to bring inside, that can be a tremendous help. This proximity also facilitates loading stuff into your vehicle, should the need arise.
If you don’t have an umbrella, even a short trip to your car in the driveway will soak your clothes. So, anytime you need to get in or out of your car, inclement weather is no longer an issue because your car is protected from the elements in a garage.
The great benefit of having a garage is most noticeable for homeowners in colder climates when the snow begins to fall. You won’t have to worry about clearing snow piles or scraping ice from the windows when your cars are undercover. It will also help them get comfortable faster.
These advantages will save you a little time here and there, but they will add to significant time savings over time.
Serves As A Barrier Against The Elements And Other Cars, Preventing Damage To The Paint
An automobile can be damaged just by being outside in the elements, such as when hail or tree branches fall on it. Likewise, when a car is parked in the open, it risks receiving damage to its exterior, such as dings, scratches, and cracked glass.
Shields The Car From The Elements, Including The Sun And Excessive Heat
Most automobile owners don’t realise that the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation can cause serious harm to their vehicles. Both extremely high and low temperatures can cause structural damage.
Provides A Protected Environment For The Vehicle’s Occupants
Those in the car are protected from the elements when it is garaged. By doing so, you and your passengers won’t have to worry about getting wet or cold as you enter or exit the car in inclement weather.
Far Less Likely To Experience Acts Of Vandalism
Motor vehicles are a significant financial commitment and, for many people, one of their most valued possessions. Vehicles left parked in the street are easy targets for vandalism. Protecting a car in a garage makes it less appealing to would-be thieves.
Adding a carport boosts kerb appeal. However, a driveway with parked cars is often not included in real estate photography for aesthetic purposes.
Reduced Insurance Premiums
Certain insurance companies will give discounts to customers who keep their cars in a garage. But, of course, it’s always a good idea to cut costs.
Preserves The Beauty Of The Vehicle’s Skin
Even if you don’t think they can, mechanics can determine whether or not a car has been kept inside or outside. Storage in a garage protects the vehicle’s exterior from the elements, which might increase its resale value.
Protects The Engine From Drying Out
If you park your car in a heated garage, the fluids and oil will stay at a more consistent temperature, improving the engine’s performance compared to when it was parked outside. Looking for garage shelving, storage solutions, or something else to organise your garage? Look no further than GarageSmart®!
Warmer Coolant Means Quicker Heating And Air Conditioning
Car air conditioning and heating systems perform better when they are not forced to work as hard. Heat will warm you up far more quickly than exposure to the cold outside on days like that. The same holds on days when the temperature soars to dangerous levels.
The Ability To See Is Activated
Put away the ice scraper and ignore the slick windshield. If you park your car in a garage, you won’t have to worry about the weather or condensation getting in your eyes as you drive.
There are many benefits of using a home garage for parking your car. Not only does it protect your car from the weather, but it can also add value to your home. This blog post will discuss some of the benefits and tips for choosing the right garage for your needs. Several insurance companies will reduce your price if you keep your car in a garage.
An automobile can be damaged just by being outside in the elements, such as when hail or tree branches fall on it. Likewise, when a car is parked in the open, it risks receiving damage to its exterior. If you park your car in a heated garage, the fluids and oil will stay at a more consistent temperature, improving the engine’s performance compared to when it was parked outside. Car air conditioning and heating systems perform better when they are not forced to work as hard. Garages reduce insurance costs and make them less appealing to would-be thieves.
- Parking your automobile in a garage at home has several advantages.
- Your car will be safe from the elements, and your home’s value may increase.
- The outside of a car is susceptible to weather conditions such as rain, snow, and wind.
- The dirt and acid they leave behind can cause corrosion and wear away at the car’s clear coat, ruining the vehicle’s appearance.
- Modern automobiles may be able to withstand the elements for many years, but they still wear out.
- Cars that are frequently detailed and rust-proofed nonetheless show the effects of weathering after some time.
- Precipitation, whether in the form of rain, snow, or ice, can speed up the rusting process.
- Additionally, the body of a vehicle can be harmed by road salt.
- Light frost or dew can slowly do harm to your car or truck over time.
- Driveway parking poses the same risks to properties in warmer climates as it does to those in cooler climates.
- It’s not fun to spend the day baking in the car’s interior.
- The high temperatures within an engine also increase the likelihood of the hoses and seals drying up and cracking.
- Keep in mind that natural disasters, such as hail, might cause serious issues.
- Moreover, regardless of location, ultraviolet light can cause the paint and interior colours of a car to fade prematurely.
- Considering how bad the weather may be for your automobile should be enough to convince you that covered parking is needed.
- Your vehicle will be safer when stored in a locked garage.
- Do not think that even if you have a cutting-edge auto alarm system, a shrewd car thief can only steal your vehicle if you leave it parked in the driveway.
- Theft from popular vehicles like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry provides the black market with stolen wheels, tyres, airbags, and catalytic converters.
- Even if your car isn’t taken a right from your driveway, it will still be at risk if you park it outside.
- That makes your automobile more of an easy mark for vandals, who may break in and steal valuables or cause extensive damage to the body and inside.
- The aftermath of car theft or damage is never pleasant because: Submitting an insurance claim is an unnecessary burden that you’ll have to deal with.
- Keeping your car in a garage might result in a discount from several insurance providers.
- One of the best places to park is in a garage at home.
- While your driveway may be only a few feet beyond your garage doors, you may still find that this extra distance is unpleasant.
- The garage provides a secure place to park your automobile, and the entrance to your home just steps away.
- That might be a huge aid when you have a lot of food to bring into the house.
- In the event that you need to, you can use this close proximity to quickly put items into your car.
- If you don’t have an umbrella, even a short trip to your car in the driveway will drench your clothes.
- Now that your vehicle is safe from the elements in a garage, you may get in and out of it without worrying about the weather.
- When the snow starts to fall, the enormous benefit of having a garage becomes most apparent for residents in colder locations.
- When your vehicles are protected from the elements, you won’t need to worry about shovelling snow or scraping ice off the windows.
- Also, it will facilitate a more rapid acclimation process.
- These benefits may seem inconsequential at first, but they will add up to considerable time savings in the long run.
- Provides protection for the paint from the elements and other vehicles.
- Hail or falling trees are only two examples of how being outside in the elements may damage a car.
- Protects the vehicle from harmful environmental factors like the sun and high temperatures.
- The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause significant damage to cars, yet most drivers are unaware of this danger.
- Damage to buildings can be caused by both exceptionally hot and low temperatures.
- When the vehicle is stored in a garage, the occupants are safe from the weather.
- Doing so will prevent you and your passengers from becoming wet and chilly as you enter or exit the vehicle during inclement weather.
- Automobiles are often among people’s most prized possessions and represent a considerable financial investment.
- It’s easy for vandals to damage cars that have been left parked on the street.
- To deter thieves, park your vehicle in a secure garage.
- Improved Appearance
- The addition of a carport can increase the home’s kerb appeal.
- However, for aesthetic reasons, real estate photography typically excludes a driveway with parked cars.
- Many insurance agencies provide price reductions to policyholders who store their vehicles in a garage.
- Of course, saving money is a smart idea, no matter what.
- In spite of popular belief, auto mechanics are able to tell if a vehicle has been stored indoors or out.
- Parking your car inside a heated garage preserves the paint job from the elements, which could boost its resale price.
- Vehicle performance is enhanced when kept in a heated garage because the fluids and oil may be maintained at a more constant temperature.
- Having a cooler fluid that is already at a higher temperature allows for more rapid heating and air conditioning.
- When not pushed to their limits, an automobile’s heating and cooling systems operate more efficiently.
- On days like that, staying inside where it’s warm is preferable to braving the cold outside.
- It’s the same on days when the temperature rises to potentially fatal levels.
- Sight is restored.
- Disregard the slick windshield and put aside the ice scraper.
FAQs About Garage
Why Should You Park In Your Garage?
Your vehicle is a major investment, and you must take the proper precautions to protect it. You’ll greatly reduce the risk of your vehicle being stolen or broken into by consistently parking in your garage instead of your driveway. Parking undercover also provides optimal protection for your paint job.
What Is The Main Purpose Of A Garage?
A garage protects a vehicle from precipitation, and if it is equipped with a locking garage door, it also protects the vehicle(s) from theft and vandalism. Most garages also serve multifunction duties as workshops for various projects, including painting, woodworking, and assembly.
Why Do People Take Their Cars To The Garage?
Rain, mud, slush, wind, and extreme sun heat can all damage a car’s exterior for life. Parking your car inside a garage protects it from the elements. Your vehicle has many rubber components that can wear out if exposed to harsh weather and fluctuating temperatures for an extended period.
How Important Is A Garage On A House?
Thus, adding a garage would make your property more attractive to potential buyers if you’re looking to sell soon. A major benefit is that you can park your vehicle in an enclosed space with a garage. As a result, it will be more difficult for thieves or vandals to steal or damage your vehicle.
Why Is A Garage Important In A House?
A garage is a key part of many homes. Providing storage space for cars, gardening supplies, tools, sports equipment, bikes and more, the right garage can be an essential part of a home.