There are many folks who use their garage for more than just parking their cars. When November 1st rolls around and January 1st has come and gone, it’s time to pack away the holiday decorations until next year. There’s a good chance you’re not making the most of your garage’s space. Having to sift through unnecessary clutter and spend additional time seeking for stuff is a direct result of the large amount of unused storage space seen in many garages. How can you modernise your garage in order to fully utilise its available space? Speak to us if you’re looking for premium garage storage solutions in Australia. Read on for some interior design ideas and get inspired to make your garage the best it can be.
Having a system in place that facilitates putting away items after use is essential for maintaining order. That way, you won’t just abandon the project and let the tools and supplies you’ll need to finish it sit around collecting dust. GarageSmart Garage Storage Solutions. Besides cars, your garage undoubtedly houses a variety of storage boxes, tools, and lawn tools. Having to find extra room for lawnmowers and bicycles is frustrating. If you don’t have room for a shed in the backyard, consider installing a peg board along one wall of your garage instead. Speak to us if you’re looking for elite garage storage solutions in Melbourne.
You only need few additional hooks of varying sizes to create this fantastic storage solution. With the help of larger peg boards and hooks, you can store and easily retrieve large, miscellaneous items like bicycles, hoses, and other tools. Steel storage options such as shelving, cabinets, and shoe racks are another great way to declutter your home. Shelving can support big totes, and cabinets placed high can hide away poisonous substances like weed killers and bleach from curious young ones. Shoe racks prevent mud and grime from tracking inside and prevent stacks of footwear from obstructing the entrance between the garage and the house.
Take a Theme and Run with It
Many people who have a passion for cars and fixing them believe their garages to be their personal heaven. A garage can be turned into a welcoming hangout by adding touches of the owner’s other interests. A few examples of the hundreds of possible themes are provided below.
Fantasies of Automobile Enthusiasts
The best places to find unique auto parts are garage sales and rubbish yards. Display memorabilia related to the vehicles you admire, such as framed photos and posters from auto exhibitions, events, and races. Check out the garage smart wall.
Drive-in theatre, c. 1950
This timeless style features a palette of red, silver, and black-and-white chequered floors. Hang up old images of diners and posters for gas stations and burger establishments. You may give your space a more personal, regional touch by framing historic photos of your neighbourhood that you can locate online.
The Seventh Circle of Bench Success
Get a good quality workbench and all the necessary storage space to go with it. Pick out the hues you like and get tool chests to match to store all your equipment. When everything has its designated spot, you won’t have to waste time digging through tool boxes.
Make the Garage more appealing to the family gardener by decorating it with flowers, either fake or genuine. Winter storage for outdoor items including bird baths, patio sets, and yard decorations can be found here. Use a lot of greens, blues, and yellows in your decor, and make sure your potted plants have a warm, dry place to spend the winter.
If you have a backyard pool, you’ll need a clean, dry area to store the various tools and supplies you’ll need to maintain it. Pick blue shelving and storage units, and instal a peg board to store your cleaning tools. Cabinets in strategic locations help hide pool chemicals from curious little eyes. Check out garage storage cabinets.
Transform and Reuse
The garage rapidly becomes a blank canvas if you plan on getting rid of one or more cars or making use of on-street parking. Now that you have some extra room to play with, you may get creative with its redesign.
Garages are great locations to get things done or unwind. In order to have a private space to work without distractions, many people are converting a portion of their garages into offices. In contrast, some people enjoy spending time in their garage. Installing a game or fitness room gives you a dedicated area in which to unwind. Also, you won’t have to waste time and money joining a gym because of this.
There are some property owners that convert their garages into a guest house complete with sleeping quarters and a bathroom. This is a great solution for families who need to temporarily house elderly relatives or friends, as it allows them their own space while still allowing the rest of the house to function normally.
If you’re a homeowner who could use some additional cash, consider transforming your garage into a live/work space. Adding square footage is as simple as raising the roof or converting the attic. Depending on how much work needs to be done rewiring the home, this could involve spending a lot of money on a second bathroom and kitchen. Your home must be in an area that allows for rental properties, and you should employ a reliable contractor to help you with the necessary upgrades.
Speak to us if you’re looking for garage storage solutions in Sydney.
There are a tonne of fun ideas to spruce up your garage and make it more useful, regardless of your budget. To keep boxes off the floor and out of the way, use storage bins and shelving. You may turn your garage into a relaxing space to spend warm summer nights by decorating it with fun themes. Your garage may be put to better use if you choose to repurpose it.
Speak with a contractor about what you’d like to do and get to work!
In 2005, GarageSmart® pioneered the garage storage category in Australia. Since we’ve built a reputation of providing a premium product along with a friendly and professional service. GarageSmart has the best garage storage solutions. GarageSmart is the nation’s leader in complete garage fit-outs. We are a privately owned company and we are very proud of that. GarageSmart is a complete “do-it for you” premium garage fit out company.
Your garage probably isn’t being fully utilised. When it comes to making the most of your garage space, what are the most up-to-date solutions? Get some garage improvement motivation and read on for some interior design ideas. You may get a lot of work done or just relax in a garage. Show off your passion for your favourite automobiles by hanging up framed images and posters from motor shows and races.
If you want a quiet place to relax at home, consider constructing a game or workout room. With over a decade of experience, GarageSmart has been the go-to company for garage renovations around the country. There are a tonne of clever ways to improve the look and functionality of your garage. You may put your garage to better use if you decide to convert it into something else. Raising the roof or transforming the attic are easy ways to add square footage.
- Your garage probably isn’t being fully utilised.
- The vast amounts of vacant storage space observed in many garages are directly responsible for the need to sort through extraneous clutter and spend extra time looking for things.
- Please contact us if you are searching for high-quality garage storage options in Australia.
- Methods of Storage To keep things neat and tidy, you need a method that makes it easy to put things away once they have been used.
- Your garage probably also stores a wide assortment of boxes, tools, and lawn equipment in addition to your automobile(s).
- A peg board installed along one wall of your garage can serve as an alternative to a backyard shed if you lack the space for both.
- If you need high-end garage storage options in Melbourne, get in touch with us.
- Shelving, cupboards, and shoe racks made of steel are some more useful items for organising your home’s clutter.
- Apply Yourself to a Topic Many auto enthusiasts consider their garages to be their own little pieces of heaven, where they may spend hours in blissful solitude working on their beloved rides.
- Garage sales and junkyards are where you should look for one-of-a-kind vehicle parts.
- Bench Victory’s Seventh and Final Circuit Invest in a high-quality workbench and plenty of nearby shelving to house your tools.
- Pick from your favourite colours and purchase matching tool boxes.
- Generating Flowers Enhance the Garage’s kerb appeal by filling it with plants and flowers (both fake and real) that will appeal to the family gardener.
- Barbecue and Pool Party Your backyard pool equipment and supplies should be kept in a dry, clean location.
- Pick blue pegboards and shelving units to keep cleaning supplies organised.
- Repurpose and alter If you intend to get rid of one or more automobiles and make use of on-street parking, the garage will quickly become empty.
- With the extra space at your disposal, you can get innovative with the room’s new layout.
- You may get a lot of work done or just relax in a garage.
- Many people are turning sections of their garages into offices so they may have a quiet place to get their job done.
- It’s not uncommon for homeowners to transform their garages into liveable guest accommodations by adding a bed, kitchen, and bathroom.
- You can turn your garage into a live/work area if you’re a homeowner in need of some extra cash.
- It takes no time at all to increase living space just by modifying the roof or converting the attic.
- There are a tonne of creative ways to upgrade the look and functionality of your garage, no matter what your budget may be.
- You may put your garage to better use if you decide to convert it into something else.
FAQs About Garage Interior Designs
What Should I Put In My Garage?
The garage is the ideal home for tools and appliances you only use outdoors. Think shovels, hoses, outdoor extension cords, lawnmowers, gardening tools, flower pots, and more. Bags of potting soil, buckets of ice melt, and other outdoor supplies that come in bulky packaging are also good candidates for garage storage.
What Is The Best Wall Covering For A Garage?
Plywood, medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and oriented strand board (OSB) are expedient and low-cost solutions for garage walls. They can be attached over studs quickly with framing screws and, unlike drywall, wood doesn’t require any taping, mud, or sanding.
How Can I Make My Garage Feel Cozy?
Great Tips for Converting Your Garage into a Cozy Living Space
- Flooring. Start by upgrading your floor.
- New Door. Garage doors usually have an old feel to them.
- Utilised Utilities.
- Store Garage Items.
- Add Some Furniture.
Can I Draw My Own Garage Plans?
You can still design your garage, but have an architect or engineer redraw your plans to ensure that everything is structurally sound. Drawing with designing software is nice, but it isn’t essential; an architect can work from a pencil drawing on graph paper just as easily.
What Is The Cheapest Way To Cover Walls In Garage?
Shiplap is actually the perfect choice for garage walls. It’s durable, inexpensive, and easy to install. What is this? Unlike drywall, the solid wood makes it perfect for securing anything, anywhere with hooks or nails.