You can be wasting a valuable resource if you don’t put your garage to good use. Since fewer individuals are keeping cars in the garage, it is typically abandoned. However, garages may be converted into habitable space and can quickly add up to 400 square feet to your home’s overall footprint. Redesigning a garage is more cost-effective than constructing an addition because the foundation, framing, and roof are already in place. To transform your garage into your favourite room in the house, all you need is motivation and some ingenuity. Get motivated by these creative garage makeover suggestions. If you need high-quality garage storage in Sydney, get in touch with us.
Space for Physical Activity
Making use of the garage as a training room can help you save money, time, and effort on a club membership. Choose your weights and exercise equipment based on the types of exercises you enjoy doing. Runners and walkers both can benefit from using a treadmill, but you may not be sure if you’ll enjoy running until you try it. Instead, you may use an elliptical trainer or a stair-stepper. Put in speakers or use your mobile device to play tunes. An old television set can be easily rigged up to provide some distraction while you’re in motion.
You can gain muscle and lose fat by using a weight lifting bench and some weights, assuming you have the room for them. Try with some lighter weights at the gym to get a feel for what works best for you. You can always obtain extra weights as you get stronger, but you only need one set to get started.
Include a Separate Living Quarters
With some work, unused garages can be converted into comfortable living quarters. Long-term guests, such as a family member or acquaintance who needs a place to stay temporarily, would benefit greatly from these types of upgrades. Installing a compact bathroom close by would save them time and effort when cleaning up after themselves. Occasionally, garages will feature extra storage in the form of an attic. Another bedroom could be made here if the ceiling is high enough. Maybe you could renovate the entire garage and rent it out to get some extra cash. You definitely ought to put in a working shower and kitchenette now. It doesn’t have to be the most luxurious kitchen ever, but it should have modern appliances and be spotless. It also wouldn’t hurt to add some insulation. If you’re in need of high-end options for storing your garage belongings in Australia, get in touch with us.
Garages are great places to set up a game or entertainment area because of their spacious layout. Larger games can be played, such as pool or ping-pong, and everyone will have plenty of room to do so. This space is ideal for installing a large sofa and a state-of-the-art television and stereo system for a comfortable and enjoyable movie night in. Imagine how amazing your favourite action flicks would seem on the large screen, or how thrilling a touchdown or goal will seem.
This space may also be ideal for your kids’ entertainment needs if you have a young family. It’s an area where they can leave their toys set up and their clutter contained. Nobody’s Legos or Barbies are lying around, so you won’t have to worry about tripping over them. Now that they have their own room, you won’t have to sacrifice tidiness for their comfort.
Dedicated Space for Hobbies
There are a number of hobbies that call for a lot of room to truly get the job done. Having the comfort of a heated garage at your disposal would make it possible to devote countless hours to your favourite pastime. If you enjoy car restoration, woodworking, model construction, or any other hands-on hobbies, it’s a good idea to set up a work bench, shelves, and cupboards. Sewing and scrapbooking enthusiasts would benefit greatly from having access to a TV and a coffee maker alongside a cosy table and chair. The garage isn’t just for one activity, either. There must to be sufficient room for your many interests, as well as those of your loved ones. Make models or work on puzzles in a group. Having fun and bonding as a family can be a wonderful way to spend time together.
The Silent House Office
The relative silence of garages is one of their best features. Since the sound is contained indoors, not many people hang around in the garage. In fact, if you turn it like your personal office, they’ll avoid it even more. Having a private office to work in might be a huge relief. Since there are more potential distractions at home than at the office, working late at night can be a real challenge. It’s not easy to ignore the demands of loved ones, pets, and the home itself. Having an office in the garage provides a quiet, distraction-free environment in which to get work done, away from the distractions of the house.
To start a business, you couldn’t pick a better location. The likes of Apple and HP were founded in garages. Turning your garage into an office is a great way to reduce overhead costs and get your business off the ground.
Putting Stuff Away Area
There aren’t enough closets in some homes. Turning the garage into a storage place can be a godsend if you’ve run out of closet space and don’t have room under the beds. You may safely store all of your possessions with only a few huge shelves and cabinets. You can get everything in order and store the seasonal decorations in one convenient location. You can also store canned foods out here, along with any dried spices. Speak to us if you’re looking for garage storage solutions in Melbourne.
No major conversions will be necessary, either. The garage door can be removed without worrying about the temperature of a large number of boxes. Unless you just want to make the space appear prettier, you don’t need to add any extra insulation, flooring, or dry walling.
In 2005, GarageSmart® pioneered the garage storage category in Australia. Since we’ve built a reputation of providing a premium product along with a friendly and professional service. GarageSmart has the best home storage solutions. GarageSmart is the nation’s leader in complete garage fit-outs. We are a privately owned company and we are very proud of that. GarageSmart is a complete “do-it for you” premium garage fit out company.
Since the garage’s foundation, framing, and roof are already in place, remodelling it can save money compared to building an extension. It’s possible to turn a garage into liveable space with a little elbow grease. Get in contact with us if you’re in need of secure garage space in Sydney. A garage might be a fantastic spot to instal a gaming or entertainment centre. You and your loved ones need enough space to pursue all of your passions.
Having a warm place to work on your hobby during the cold winter months would be a blessing. The garage makes for a great office space because it is private, quiet, and free of interruptions. There is no requirement for additional drywall, flooring, or insulation. When it comes to garage renovations, nobody does it better than GarageSmart. We take great pride in the fact that we are a privately held business.
- Those that don’t make proper use of their garages may be wasting a valuable resource.
- As fewer people are choosing to maintain a car, the garage is often left empty.
- Nonetheless, garages can be renovated into liveable space, increasing the size of your house by as much as 400 square feet.
- All it takes is a little inspiration and creativity to turn your garage into your new favourite space in the house.
- Let these inspiring ideas for garage makeovers serve as your inspiration.
- Get in contact with us if you’re in need of secure garage space in Sydney.
- Areas Dedicated to Physical Exercise Rather than spending time and money on a gym membership, you can save time and money by using the garage as a workout space.
- Pick your weights and exercise apparatus based on what you want to work on.
- If you’re not sure what weights to use at the gym, start out by trying lighter ones.
- Incorporate Private Accommodations It’s possible to turn a garage into liveable space with a little elbow grease.
- Once in a while, garages will include an extra attic for stowing things.
- To supplement your income, perhaps you might rent out the renovated garage.
- Get in contact with us if you’re looking for premium garage storage solutions in Australia.
- Due to the ample floor space, media garages are perfect for setting up a gaming or entertainment area.
- There is enough space for everyone to play even larger games like pool or ping pong.
- A wide sofa and cutting-edge TV/sound system would look great in here, making movie nights at home more relaxing and pleasurable.
- If you have a young family, this area may also be perfect for their recreational needs.
- Reserved Area for Leisure Activities Several pastimes require extensive space in order to be carried out properly.
- Access to a warm garage year-round would allow you to spend numerous hours engaged in your favourite activity.
- A workbench, some shelves, and some storage cabinets are essential for anyone with a hands-on hobby, whether it be auto restoration, carpentry, model building, or anything else.
- There are a variety of uses for this space beyond merely parking cars.
- Make it look like your own office, and people will avoid it even more.
- If you’re looking for some peace and quiet while you work, a private office could be just what you need.
- With a garage office, you can get your work done without being interrupted by the noises and activities of the house.
- The town is perfect for launching a company.
- To save money and get your business started, converting your garage into an office is a fantastic idea.
- When you need more storage space than you have in your closets or under your beds, but you don’t want to get rid of your car, converting the garage into a warehouse can be a lifesaver.
FAQs About Garage Ideas
What Can I Convert My Garage Into?
Converting a garage into a living space is a big job that includes raising the floor, insulating the walls, adding heating, cooling and ventilation, and updating doors and windows.
Garage conversion ideas include:
- Studio Apartment or In-law Suite.
- Art studio.
- Family room.
How Much Does A Garage Conversion Cost Australia?
In Australia, garage conversions can cost anywhere between $6,000 to $20,000 with an average of around $12,000. Depending on the type of room you plan to convert it to, the price may vary.
Do Garage Conversions Add Value?
A garage conversion could add up to 20 per cent to the value of your home, while you’ll gain valuable extra living space that’s less prone to planning complications. So if the cost of the project is less than the extra value added to your property, this is a great way to add more space.
Do You Have To Raise The Floor In A Garage Conversion?
It’s true. So if you’re going to convert your garage into a living space, you’ll need to raise the floor first. Raising the floors of your garage also allows you to insulate them.
What Devalues A Property?
It’s important to every homeowner that their property retains its value.
- Poor workmanship.
- An increase in crime levels.
- A substandard kitchen.
- Noise pollution.
- Uninspiring exterior.
- How silent are the neighbours?
- Not energy efficient enough.